Newbie needs assistance with shallow well

Users who are viewing this thread

f650dude

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a well that is fairly shallow. About 20-25 feet deep. Currently i have a small harbor freight pump that is pumping around 5gal/min which is enough for my needs to water my small garden. I would like to hook up the well my irrigation system to water my lawn. I would also like to run an underground PVC pipe to the front of the house and the rear of the back yard with a hose bib so i can hook up a hose ( i would like for these lines to be under pressure so that when i turn on the water at either side i can just start watering. I need suggestions on equipment. What sort of pump do i need? Anyone have a plumbing layout ?

Thank you.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
At sea level 24' is about as deep as one of those pumps will suck from. I am surprised it is working at all. I would use a 1/2HP, 10 GPM submersible with a CSV and a small tank like our Pside-Kick kit on the left of this picture.
psidekick_apps.gif

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks