Newbie looking for information

Users who are viewing this thread

coldguy

Reaction score
Hello all:

My well ran dry last week and I had a contractor drill a new one about 80' deeper with good results. What they told me has me puzzled, and I did not have the presence of mind to have them explain it, being so happy to have water after over a week being dry.

With regard to irrigating my property, what they said was, "lower pressure equals more volume".

I've been mulling that over for a week and still it doesn't click. I would think that a system holding at 50psig would yield more water than one hold 40psig, but what they told me seems to disagree.

Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Thank you.

bcpumpguy

Reaction score
pumps have a curve or graph which shows the amount the water they can pump at a certain amout of feet of head. the more head the lower the volume, the lower the head the higher the volume. Psi and feet of head are directly related, a 120 foot column of water would have 52psi at the bottom of it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks