New well, System Design Help?

Users who are viewing this thread

bewing

Reaction score
I recently had a well drilled and am in need of some advice and recommendations. The well was drilled by a local driller, that is about the only one around here that is drilling. He just drills, dosen't set pumps or do any plumbing. So my dilemma is do I do it myself or hire it done. My Brother in law is a Master plumber, and works at a supply house, but has never set a well pump.

Here are the specs on the well.

6" Well with only the first 12 feet cased.

I have heard the term screened well but not exactly sure what that is? And my driller didn't say anything about a screened well. Is that something that I would need to do before setting a pump? Sorry for my ignorance.

He hit water at 135', drilled to a total depth of 167'. I measured the static level at 85'. 10 GPM

I am intereseted in the CSV and going the Pside-kick route, but not sure what pump to run (brand, size, etc..)? The supply house my BIL works for carries Franklin pumps. Does anyone have any opinions on them?

My neighbors have a to filter their well water for Iron, so I am probably going to have to have some sort of filter, but not sure if that effects what type of pump I need or whether or not the Pside-kick system is effected by that. I am assuming I could come directly out of the Pside-kick system directly into a filter if needed?

Thanks for any help

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
Most states today require a minimum of 20 foot of casing grouted from the bottom up. Even though I used to drill wells there, I don't know what Arkansas's regulations are today. However I'm sure your driller is licensed and knows the regulations.
From your short description I suspect your well is in the mountains (rock country) and not in the river bottoms. In rock wells many times it's not necessary to install a well screen. Congratulations on considering a Pside-Kick. I suggest that you contact the people at Cycle Stop Valves @ 800-652-0207 or their web site at http://www.cyclestopvalves.com. They will be happy to help you with choosing a pump and possibly where to get a quality pump. I'd stay away from the big box stores because most know nothing about pumps. . . they only sell them.

bewing

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I am going to call and talk to the guys at CycleStopValves and see if the pside-kick is the right choice for me. Thanks

Barret

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks