New Well Aerator Setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Seeker81

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a question about setting up a used aerator to replace a rental I currently have.
My rental setup uses a solenoid valve, the pump has a float and a safety float, and then a pressure valve. My new setup has a water float inside the aerator and the pump has a single float. What I want to know is if I need the solenoid valve on the new setup since it has the water float?

I've attached pictures of the two setups.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20220708_172650.jpg
    IMG_20220708_172650.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20220708_172701.jpg
    IMG_20220708_172701.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20220708_172721.jpg
    IMG_20220708_172721.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20220708_172737.jpg
    IMG_20220708_172737.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 92

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
With a float valve or solenoid filling the aerator tank the well pump needs a pressure tank and pressure switch. Without a valve filling the aerator tank the well pump needs one or two float switches, depending on how it is wired.

The booster pump in the aerator tank needs a pressure tank and pressure switch to feed the house. The pressure switch can also be wired with a pump down float switch to protect the booster pump from running dry.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
It all depends what is controlling which pump. It also depends on whether the float is a switch or a valve. The description is not clear but the pictures appear to show float switches although it is not clear what controls what.

Seeker81

Reaction score
Sorry guys the first two pictures are of the current setup and it runs like the following well pump, pressure switch, pressure tank, solenoid valve, areator booster pump (2nd picture two floats black goes to pressure switch, yellow goes to solenoid), pressure switch, pressure tank, softener, inlet to the house.

The second two pictures are of the replacement aerator which would setup like the following well pump, pressure switch, pressure tank, aerator (float valve), aerator booster pump, pressure switch, pressure tank, softener, inlet to the house. In this setup since the aerator has the float valve (4th picture) which I still need the solenoid valve? I assume the answer is no and can you recommend a pump down float that would work with the pressure switch and booster pump? I hope that helps clear things up.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks