New Weird Sediment...Ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
how do I increase the backwash to 8.1 gpm when from what I'm seeing the fleck 5600sxt only goes to 5 gpm! (why do they sell it like this!)
5600 is the wrong thing for KL and a 10 inch tank. It's close. What you should try next is removing the BLFC washer, and do your measurement again.

There was a really good thread on this, that I might find. https://terrylove.com/forums/index....a-replacement-and-backflow-rate-issues.87918/ is good too.

Watch the pressure gauge during the backwash, and make sure it stays above 30 psi.

A 3/4 inch drain line may be worthwhile, or at least make sure your 1/2 inch is not restricted. It really should be 3/4, increasing as you exit the valve.

Last edited:

Bannerman

Reaction score
The maximum drain flow rate for a Fleck 5600 is 7 GPM. To max out the drain flow rate to maximize the Backwash rate, remove the Drain Line Flow Control restrictor (DLFC).

Mr. Mud Maker

Reaction score
Thank you. I contacted the place that sells that combo (aquascience) and their technicians swore up and down that the fleck 5600sxt supports up to 15 gpm. They are sending me at no cost the tool to remove that little part since I couldn't get it with a screwdriver and a washer for 8gpm. Once I can get it out I'll try again with the washer they send and if I don't get the expansion I'll try it without any washer as at all. Here's hoping! I'm guessing I'm up a creek if it doesn't work

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks