New Water Softener Recommendations

Users who are viewing this thread

rockcityphoto

Reaction score
I've recently purchased and moved into a new home in Edina, MN and I'm looking to install a water softener. I've never lived with one before, but it was recommended to me my realtor who lives a few blocks from me and also my contractor who has worked on a lot of systems in our area. I recently put in a new shower in a bathroom I renovated and the glass has quite a bit of mineral deposits all over it in a pretty short amount of time so it's pretty evident that the water here is in fact fairly hard. The city lists the hardness around 17-20 grains. Our house is a 4 bedroom 3 bath home, but it's just my wife and I living in the house. We will have guests staying on occasion though so I want to make sure that the system could easily handle a few different utilities being used at the same time. I'd rather have the capacity and not need it often than to not have it when I do need it.

Fleck seems to be the go to recommendation from what I can find online, but it seems like you can basically only buy the 5600 SXT online. I'm fine buying from a more specialized dealer if I have to purchase over the phone or somewhere in MN if people know of any reputable dealers selling anywhere in the Minneapolis metro area. I plan to install the system myself as my plumbing is already set up with a PEX loop from what appears to be a previous softener install (I'm guessing a leased unit). I already have a crimper so it should be fairly straight forward.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks