New water heater pilot goes out

Users who are viewing this thread

Golden1954

Reaction score
I have a new Reliance 6-50-NBRT-400 water heater. All was well for a week then the pilot went out. Re lit the pilot and again all well for another week. Now it appears to go out after hot water is used and the burner needs to fire. Reliance sent a new thermalpile assembly and it was install without any change. I have 48 millivolts from the thermalpile. It appears that when the burner attempts to fire it blows out the pilot. I’m thinking the gas control valve/ thermostat is failing. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Golden1954

Reaction score
Ask them for a new gas valve.
Or a new WH.
It looks like the the the themermalpile/pilot was misaligned with the burner. I bent the bracket down and closer to the main burner tube just a little bit. It’s seems to be working. The pilot has stayed on and the burner fires. If this isn’t the solution the gas valve is the option
Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks