New water heater issue??

Users who are viewing this thread

Dragul

Reaction score
My water heater ruptured last week n my landlord put in a new 1. Been adjusting the water temp on it cause me n my girl love hot hot showers. Anyways. I've noticed that the water coming out of the tub faucet is hotter then the water xoming out of the shower head feels like a pretty big difference also. Any ideas on why this is happening?

Dragul

Reaction score
I don't see anything but we never had this problem till the new hot water heater was put in. Even turned both pilot lights up to 150.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It should have nothing to do with the new heater. Normally it happens because when the hot water comes out of the shower head and mixes with the air, the hottest water turns to steam and goes up to the ceiling.

Reach4

Reaction score
The new water heater may have a mixing valve installed with the new WH. https://terrylove.com/forums/index....c-mixing-valves-water-heater-tempering.45651/ If you have such a valve, turning up the WH thermostat setting does not increase the temperature delivered to the bathroom.

Then the limited hot temperature sent to the bathroom, along with the shower cooling effect that hj described, could keep you from getting the hot shower you want. This is not to say that the other things could not be the problem. It is something that would have happened during the WH replacement.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
This does not make sense...it is exactly the same water that would go out the tub spout as goes up to the showerhead. As HJ said, that coming out of the shower can feel cooler because of the distance it has to fall through the air, but it should be coming out the same temp. You could run it into a bucket and measure the temps. Should be the same if you hold the bucket up close to the showerhead verses the tub spout.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks