new tub too close and too high ?

Users who are viewing this thread

BenProKite

Reaction score
Hi folks, of course the wife and i ... ok. SHE ( a lot ! and me a little ) wanted to remodel the bathroom, and of course i did not answer all the questions yet... so here goes nothing.
New tub, drain will be 19" away (center of 4" main) and is 14" lower (center of 4" main) with a maximum clearance directly below the tubs 'p' trap of 9 1/2".
So after much reading and do not see how i'm going to respect the rules of the 'p' trap ( "seeing" the vent + 3 " min of length ) , because i will have to use an angle downwards to reach my 4" main with is much lower, thus running the chance of emptying my 'p' trap . Maybe i'm misinterpreting the regulations and confusion the verticals with the horizontal regulations ( "seeing the vent ").
Some of my ideas or solutions to plead my case ( since i'm close to the main no venting req. on the tub, correct ?...), i could used a wye fitting of the main a with 3" branch that would augment my changes of "seeing" the vent when i changed direction downwards plus giving more indirect venting.
I would prefer to go in the 4" pipe if i could, there also a plan 'b' the 1 1/2 drain that was for the old sink (black abs pipe on the wall ).
Your thoughts for "want to be a plumber".
Thanks in advances.
Ben

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230428-183137_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230428-183137_Gallery.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20230428-183146_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230428-183146_Gallery.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 74
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks