New tub spout fitting

Users who are viewing this thread

CVass

Reaction score
In my bathroom remodel the tub spout (threaded fitting) sticks out to far and my new spout won’t fit flush to the wall. Help! Can I buy a replacement spout to fit?

Reach4

Reaction score
A tub spout mounts to something, such as a nipple or a copper pipe. Copper pipe can be cut shorter. Nipples can be replaced with shorter nipples.

What is your new spout? What comes out of the wall?

If you buy a new spout, is 6.25 inches a good length from the wall?

CVass

Reaction score
The threaded copper pipe comes out about 7/8 but when I thread the spout on, it doesn’t go flush to the wall. I think my only option is to go through the drywall in the adjoining room and cut the back of the pipe so not to ruin the thread in the front. I was wondering if they make replacements spouts with more thread that will screw on deeper.

Reach4

Reaction score
I have the Delta Faucet RP17454 Tub Spout Pull-Down Diverter, Chrome
(RP17453 is same but quality plastic) It sticks out 6.25 inches from the wall. It dribbles much much less than most diverter spouts, but you need to explain the shower activation to guests (pull down). There are other alternatives in the family with a pull-up knob. https://terrylove.com/forums/index....d-cant-figure-out-how-to-turn-on-shower.7595/ is a long-lived thread on the topic. You may enjoy it.

It will fit on a threaded pipe sticking out from 5/8" to 1-5/8" from wall surface. Really nice IMO.

delta-rp17453-terrylove-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

CVass

Reaction score
The measurements of your spout was very helpful! I also have a Delta. I decided to just use brute force to screw it on the pipe and it worked! Brute force hasn’t turned out well for me in past, so I was afraid to try. The spout may never come off, but glad it’s on now! Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks