New Tub Problem- won't get clean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Onemoretime

Reaction score
I've had a brand new Veritek tub installed about 3 months ago in a complete bathroom remodel. From the beginning parts of the tub have been very hard to clean. By hard to clean , i mean it takes 30 to 45 minutes to clean parts of the tub floor and it never looks completely clean

The general contractor says that this is normal... I simply can't believe this is true. There's only two of us using the tub! I specifically bought a fiberglass tub because I've read that fiberglass tubs are easy to clean. He says there is nothing wrong with the tub even though one can see a 6 by 6 inch area that never gets clean and seems to have scratches or something (the area feels different than the rest of the tub). I suspect that either something was spilled or dropped on the top .

Can someone give me opinion on whether this is normal? The GC seems to think if I'm not satisfied that it could be refinished (at my expense!), but it's a new tub. Of course we tile around the tub!

thanks much

I'm stressed!

Statjunk

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
This has been my experience and I'm not very happy about it myself. I bought the Kholer Villager expecting it to be much better at the over $300 price tag. I was wrong.

Tom

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks