New tub not level,

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Swapped out an old tub, new one isn't perfectly level, its about 2mm off over the 5' and 3mm over the 30 inches. Is there a point where you say good enough. Has that cheap glue on surround

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
What I learned over the years, was, new construction is pretty level. When I broke in, I never checked the floors with a level, but would measure my tub supports the same everytime.

When I started to do remodel, I was surprised to learn that wood floor sag over time and go out of level. I set a nice 66" Kohler cast iron tub for my parents and when I went back to see the tile work, I was saddened to see that with the tile in place, it was obvious that the floor was leaning away from the outer wall. From then on, I would check first with a level and see which direction the floor was leaning, use a backer board to support the back ledge and make sure it was level and shimmed. I only wanted to make that mistake once. Too bad the constant reminder from the 70's is still there to greet me when I visit my mom's place.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks