New tub and p-trap but tub is slow draining...ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ednamae

Reaction score
Just installed valve trim on new tub with new PVC p-trap and find the tub drains very slowly. The lavatory and toilet drain just fine. There are a few bubbles coming out of the tub drain. The tub was unused for quite a while so could there be air trapped? Could the vent stack be too clogged for the tub but allow enough air for the lavatory and toilet? (Texted plumber who installed tub twice). I have used a different plumber a few times for drain issues at rentals but I was sure it was a clogged drain. Not sure what is going on here. Thanks.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
since we do not know HOW the "new P trap" was installed we cannot answer the question, other than to say it is NOT "trapped air", at least not because of not being used.

Plumbs

In the Trades
Reaction score
Try getting the line snaked. Sometimes debris gets into the line during remodels. If all that was replaced was the trap, waste and overflow piping then it's probably not a venting issue.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks