New toilets rocking! 3" plastic pipe?

Users who are viewing this thread

cdestuck

Reaction score
Putting in a new toilet for a friend. Bought a new wax seal with plastic flange. Installed as have done before with other toilets but this toilet rocked pretty good. Removed the toilet, scrapped off rind and put toilet in place w/o ring and no rocking. Now here's what I think is my problem. The plastic sewer pipe is 3" in diameter. Could it be that the plastic flange is not fitting into the 3" pipe far enough and not letting the toilet frest fully on the floor? If this is what is going on, what should I use. Just a wax seal w/o a flange? Thanks for the help

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
That is exactly what the problem is. The wax rings with the plastic horns are a worthless piece of junk that should be banned from the face of the earth. Even if they don't cause a problem such as you are having, they perform no useful purpose. Some marketing genius figured out they could make a little more money for DIY suckers who would think that that funnel would somehow be better than just the Plain Jane Wax Ring and they could sell it for more money. These are a bigger problem in 3" drains than 4", but they are just crap!

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Can Terry put in BRIGHT, flashing, neon colors at the top of every forum here:

ONLY USE WAX RINGS, JUNK RINGS WITH PLASTIC INSERT. PERIOD.

Ok, there, I'm done ranting. :eek:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks