New toilets & bathtubs Aaaaaaargh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Bren

Reaction score
We're remodeling 3 bathrooms. I've been all over the net, talked to salesmen and plumbers trying to figure out what brand(s) to buy. Thought I was all set with the Toto Drake II and the Americast tub until someone said the colors won't match. The white trim, cabinets, sink we're using are a true white, not creamy at all. And my plumber said it's harder to get parts for the Toto? My neighbor said their AS Cadet has a cracked tank and a leaked. We don't need top of the line, fancy bells & whistles just good quality, reliable products that I'm not going to regret. Hoping to stay in or under the $400 per item. Info overload, dazed & confused.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Drake II will take any fill valve.
The flush valve on the old tanks took a standard 3" flapper. The new tanks with the tower will need those parts from TOTO, but they will be available when needed. I expect them to be good for a long time.

Americast comes in two whites, one of them being Artic White which looks to be the whitest of the two.
Kohler makes a nice cast iron tub, and their acrylics are nice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks