New Toilet

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Geo422, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Geo422

Geo422 Member

Looking for a good flushing toilet has to be round (small bathroom ) .this is for a rental house. Thanks George

2. James Henry

James Henry In the Trades

Plumber
    For a rental. Any name brand toilet at Lowe's or home depot is fine. Just don't get a 1.28 gal flush. You'll regret it. Get a 1.6 gal flush.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    My go to is the TOTO Entrada as an entry level toilet.
    It's a 1.28 GPF with a 1000 gram rating. That's hard to beat.

If you're home center shopping, perhaps a Kohler Wellworth or an American Standard Cadet.
    For a rental I normally like to install an elongated bowl. How much space do you have there? If it's near a tub, I always go elongated.

breplum likes this.
  5. Tuttles Revenge

Tuttles Revenge In the Trades

6. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    As things get redesigned, the amount of water used to flush gets smaller, and some companies have taken the chance to make their tanks slimmer. It also can save on materials, but requires more engineering (which is sometimes lacking). So, as noted above, some elongated toilets can be as long as older designed round ones. Keep in mind that while sitting, your knees end up in the same place, you just have a bit more room up front when the time comes.