New toilet install. Existing 16" rough in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Chief Kurtz

Reaction score
I'm losing my mind. My upstairs toilet is dated 1955, is a Crane Neo Saxonet, with a 16" rough in, and connecting el from the tank which is mounted to the wall. I want this monster out of my house. I can't a solution to get around that long rough in.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Without moving the toilet flange, the best you can do is buy a 14" rough-in, and live with it sticking out 2" further from the wall than by design. But, given that the thing there now probably projects a good ways into the room, it may be very close, but you'd have a bigger gap behind it.

Reach4

Reaction score
I'm losing my mind. My upstairs toilet is dated 1955, is a Crane Neo Saxonet, with a 16" rough in, and connecting el from the tank which is mounted to the wall. I want this monster out of my house. I can't a solution to get around that long rough in.
My vespin uni-fit adjustment:

https://terrylove.com/forums/ind...baseboard-and-shoe-molding.58080/#post-428138

I used a 12 inch Unifit for about a 13+ inch rough. You could maybe do something similar using a 14 inch Unifit, as long as the hole in your flange is big enough. That would close much of the gap to the wall.

https://terrylove.com/forums/ind...rance-with-14-unifit-and-offset-flange.66596/ has marked-up unifit photo on #3 explaining the concept if it is not clear enough in the other thread.

I am not a pro, and I think that is a non-standard method.

It should work the same way for any of the Toto Unifit toilets.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There's a limit on how far you can modify a UniFit adapter, otherwise, the front of the toilet will hit the toilet flange and the adapter. It's designed to fit on up to a 14" unit. You can make it shorter, but there's not enough room to make it much longer...the front of the toilets on most is fairly narrow and there's not enough room to move it back much more than the 14" UniFit does.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Put new fill valves in four Gerbers last week. One of them had a peculiar tank that had a slope to the upper six inches that brought the top of the back of the tank almost to the wall. The tank lid was probably twelve inches deep. I wish I could be more precise for the dimensions, but the toilet flange rough was probably near 16". Pretty sure there's a four inch gain there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks