New toilet install, couple of questions

Users who are viewing this thread

ugabulldog

Reaction score
The flange is broken so I was going to use a repair ring http://www.homedepot.com/p/Superior-Tool-SuperRing-Closet-Replacement-Ring-21015/202538331?keyword=superior tool ring as suggested in a previous thread. The flange is on a slab, first question is should I tapcon into all six outer holes? And second,...The top of existing flange is flush with finished floor, I am installing a AS Champion 4, the wax ring that came with it is 1-1/4" in the thickest part, is this thick enough, should I use a thicker one, or two rings? Thanks.....Also, I haven't searched yet, but if anyone has the best way to take out the knockout cap, that would help too.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Also, I haven't searched yet, but if anyone has the best way to take out the knockout cap, that would help too.
I think that might vary brand-to-brand. I can see that you are not using Sioux chief, but the reflections in the photo don't make it clear what you are using.

minute 1:40 would show you how to deal with that brand. Since yours may not have the feature that prevents the knockout from falling into the pipe, I think you want brand-specific instructions.

Regarding the tapcons, were you thinking of just putting in 3 screws? If that is porcelean tile, I can understand why you would want to minimize the number of Tapcons.

If you are experienced, the wax ring should be good. If you are not, you might not get the toilet into position with shims without rocking. In that case I would consider Saniseal, which would let you position the toilet, and then raise it a bit to add shims.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks