New Softener Install Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Bluffdad

Reaction score
Had a 1.5 cf Watts system with a Clack WS-1 valve installed. I'm on city water, total hardness runs 12-15 grains depending on the report from the city. It's a 2 person household, about 1900 sf, with a peak flow of 12 gpm from the bath. The installer programmed it for 40K, with 9 lbs of salt usage between generations leaving it up to the meter to decide when it should regenerate.

I'm not sure this is the best program settings based on reading other posts. Unfortunately this isn't the CS electronics (that I can tell) and although it resembles the valve in every way, the program options don't come up.

Has anyone any suggestions to make this an efficient salt user and give me a good feeling that is is programmed at the peak settings?

I'm up for any berating that may follow.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
When I am doing a 1.5 cubic I am using a capacity of 33K with the 9lbs of salt.

I would use the 15 grains in the programing, better to be a little on the high side than short.

I do not have on hand the link , but if you look up the Clack home page there should be a part that has different programing of the different controls and valves that are out there.. I have them downloaded, but not the site from which they came from.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Bluffdad

Reaction score
Another question...do you suggest programming an override so it regenerates after a certain number of days or just leave it up to the meter based on water usage?

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can use it with out the day over ride for now, if down the road you are finding that there is a change in the water say every x days and there is still some gallons left, you can either lower the gallons, or then bring in the over ride and use it so that in slow times the override and then in busy times the meter....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks