New Sink Needs New Drain Route

Users who are viewing this thread

Phil_m

Reaction score
Replaced an old vanity, went from 36" to 48" and the sink drain will be in a new location from the original. I live this forum and read through tons of other post to get ideas, but still not sure which way to rework the fittings. The space along the vanity cabinet is real tight so I need to choose my plan before I set the vanity top and sink to make my cuts and the first two fittings. I have attached the original waste line layout, and two options for the new layout. Hoping to get an opinion on which is the better layout. Using the long 90 at the original P trap connect or cutting back to the wall with the 45.

20200609_144806.jpg
20200609_165143.jpg
20200609_165352~2.jpg

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
A 45 is always better but in this case could be in the way of the shutoff. It's up to you since you're there on location.
Replace the angle stop with a 1/4 turn type, then do the 45* option.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks