New Sink: 1-1/2" to 1-1/4" Trap to Tailpiece

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Madera, May 4, 2005.

  1. Madera

    Madera New Member

    Mar 29, 2005
    I'm installing a new console sink, and the drain pipe/trap/etc. is 1-1/2" and the tailpiece that came with the faucet is 1-1/4". Are there adapters to connect the two?

    Also, is there anything else I should pick up at the home improvement store to complete this task? It seems like everytime I start, I've got to go back to get something else (I can't think of a more frustrating place to spend my time). I have the sink, the faucet (missing a washer for the drain assembly), p-trap, tailpiece and supply lines.

    Thank you!
  2. hj

    hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

    Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

    There are many ways to connect that pipe to the trap. The easiest for you may be a 1 1/2" x 1 1/4" slip nut and washer.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Similar Threads: Sink 1-1/2
Forum Title Date
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Washing Machine with Utility Sink - 1-1/2" Drain! Dec 6, 2016
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice drain pipe 1-1/2" threads rusted bath sink drain---want to rethread--How do I do it? Dec 3, 2015
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice 1-1/2" vs 2" for bar sink? Aug 4, 2012
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Sink plumbing problem - water coming up in other sink and more Today at 10:37 AM
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Portable Sink Troubles Yesterday at 8:27 AM

Share This Page