New shut off valves releasing water when off?

Users who are viewing this thread

sanrico

Reaction score
Hi everyone on this wonderful forum!

Yesterday, I did my first ever copper pipe sweat when I replaced the crusty old hot and cold shut off valves in our bathroom (we're getting a new vanity and sink fixtures) with new quarter-turn valves.

I was very happy and proud to see there were no leaks when I turned the water back on. However, this morning, I was puzzled to see that the new valves, which are turned off, of course, had some water pooled in them (the supply hoses to the faucets aren't installed yet.

Is this normal? It's not a lot of water. Nothing was dripping out onto the floor. Just enough water to pool up inside the valve (see picture). Should I be concerned?

Thank you very much for your help!

DSC01390.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That's not very much water.

I only buy certain brands of shutoffs, the home centers don't sell what I use.
There are many things not saving money on.

You should be fine though, a few drops overnight?

Last edited:

sanrico

Reaction score
That's right, it was just a few drops overnight. I'm glad to know I don't have to remove and replace these valves.

Thanks for the help and thank you very much for this fantastic forum. I've been reading many of the threads and am learning a lot!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks