New shower valves no cold water in other room

Users who are viewing this thread

Matt66204

Reaction score
Recently installed two new delta shower valves in a master shower making it a double shower head each with a control and a floor mounted tub filler by delta on a second floor of a home.

Homeowner called and said now Washer in laundry room below bathroom does not get cold water to washer.

Any thoughts on this?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Does that mean there is no water flowing when washer calls for cold water Or is it hot water flowing? Any of the new showers valve bodies in use when this happens? Who did the install?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some shower heads have a separate valve on them to allow for soaping up without changing the desired temperature on the main valve. If that was used versus the actual mixing valve, the valve would allow the hot/cold to mix. The water will take the path of least resistance, so could end up with hot elsewhere.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
If you have shut offs for these two new valve bodies, shut them off and check the washer. Somewhere there is crossflow but usually hot is not hot enough.

Who did the install?
What happens when the washers calls for hot water?

Matt66204

Reaction score
My plumber did the install I am the GC on the job. We had what you described with the hot water in the hall bath earlier and addressed that issue.

It is ,y understanding that the washer gets hot when hot water is called for but I asked the homeowner to double checks the hook ups Incase he hooked them up backwards. I will be on the job Monday and give me details

Matt66204

Reaction score
Yes except for the tub filler it’s just the rough in valve while we tile the floor. I believe it’s the delta R4700-fl

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IF it it ONLY the valve body, then you either need to install the control cartridge, OR the "crossover prevention plug" that should have come with the valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks