New Delta Shower Valve Installation

Users who are viewing this thread

Dougm44

Reaction score
Hey guys, got a quick question for you regarding a new delta rough-in valve I installed. When I sweat the valve in, it accidently installed it about 1/8" out of level, resulting in the shower arm portion of the run being off about 1" where it was meant to be. Would there be an issue bending the run slightly so it is in line with the middle of the valve or do I need to redo everything? If I could go back in time I would probably sweat in a copper to PEX barb and run PEX to everything but I'm not sure that's doable now that I already sweat copper into the valve body. Let me know your thoughts before my tile contractor gets here next week.

Thanks,
Doug

r10000-unbxhf-installed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dougm44

Reaction score
Pull the elbow to the desired location and anchor it there.
Thanks, HJ. That's what I figured just wasnt sure if it would put undo stress on the valve joint. Its a 30" run so 1 inch deviation over that span should be OK I figured. Water is back on and nothing is leaking so id imagine im good to go, these things just make me nervous because the wallboard will be back on soon and there isnt going to be an opportunity for future inspection.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you're concerned with adding stress to the joint, add a brace somewhere in the lower 1/3 of the tube.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks