New shower thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Vegas_sparky

Digital Billy
Reaction score
I won't assemble it til I get it to the Utah house. Then I'll at least make sure its squared up. Anything else I need to do to get it tuned/broken in? First cuts will just be rips. No miters til I see how it feels. I'm excited to frame the niches.

Thinking about getting a profile wheel also. I'll be placing 4" pieces at chair rail height just for a detail, and something aside from a square, cut edge would be nice.

Eurob

master tile and stone installer
Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
Maybe get a better blade than the the Dewalt one -- may work with the soft travertine -- .

Are you going to use 3/4 thick for the 4'' ? An ogee profile ?

The mitered corners are awesome looking.

Eurob

master tile and stone installer
Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
:)Great job William .:)

I like the blue version , it compliments the travertine and it is very relaxing .

Vegas_sparky

Digital Billy
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments guys. :) The upper and lower niches are actually separated into two different zones, which can be independently controlled/or color synced. Single color is just for testing while installing. I'll finish the rest of the bathroom lighting before the controllers are finished/online.

The wife does looks just a bit hotter in the LED lighting. I don't think the shower trim agrees though. Who's the pervert that designed these handles? Or maybe its just what I'm seeing? LOL

Flowed water, full blast, for over 2 hours straight yesterday, just cause. With permanent heads, drain behaviour is more normal. I'll slap the door up this weekend, and its good to go! I'm actually looking forward to building the next one(daughters bathroom)! That'll be a super contemporary Eurowhipple, except crookeder. LOL

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks