New Shower Pan "strainer"/Contractor Gone

Users who are viewing this thread

Nunzio

Reaction score
The dilemma here is the Shower Pan Strainer. The one that came with the "Mustee" 32 x48" pan doesn't fit due to what seems like an error by the contractor.

It seems like the pipe and the seal rise too high so there's nowhere for the strainer to sit into. I'm wondering if this is something simple to fix or if it's a major job.

If I was able to manage to cut the drain pipe down without any of the residue going down the drain then what about that black rubber seal? Is that stuff solid??

It seems like my contractor didn't follow the directions properly when he installed the pan. He is more of a Maintenance Man moreso than a "bathroom guy".

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0503.JPG
    IMG_0503.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 650
  • IMG_0504.JPG
    IMG_0504.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_0505.JPG
    IMG_0505.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0506.JPG
    IMG_0506.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 264

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
Looks to me like there are parts missing; perhaps many parts. You need to find out from Mustee what drain kit fits your shower, get the
necessary parts, and install them per directions, or hire someone to do so.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you are handy, go and watch some videos on youtube (fiberglass tray drain). There are various drain sets, you just have to find the one best for your situation.
You attach the drain set to the tray with plumber putty bid around it and lock it in place from under the tray.
The gap between the inside of the drain set and the drain pipe is filled by a heavy rubber gasket which is forced in to provide a tight seal, then a plastic or metal ring is screwed in with a small tool provided in the kit.
It's not hard to do, but if it's done wrong...guess what? you will have leaks.
Too complicated? get a real plumber, a real "bathroom guy" and not a fake one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks