New Delta shower Handheld not working!

Users who are viewing this thread

skeely

Reaction score
Hello,
I did a bathroom remodel and had the plumber install the makings of a shower head with additional handheld. a few months back. He installed a Delta multichoice rough in and a three function diverter. So today I finally got it tiled, installed the trim, the supply elbow, bar, etc. The regular shower head is working but the handheld is not! it sounds like water is diverting but it's not coming out of my handheld!
Am I missing something? Appreciate any help!
thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The three way diverter should divert to either the shower head, or the handheld. "One at a time"
A six way diverter allows for one or both at the same time.

delta_r11000.jpg

bmdc_22.jpg

Diverter

bmdc_14.jpg

Installed

skeely

Reaction score
Thank you for response. Much appreciated. Plumber did use a three way. I only wanted to use either or so I think we may be good! I texted plumber and he said the water pressure on main valve behind trim has two shutoffs and they may not be open. I'll try this when I get home. thanks again. Love this forum.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
IF one showerhead works, and the other doesn't, that means the main valve is getting water, and it should be able to go anywhere. When you actually change the diverter to the handheld position, are you saying you can hear water running? Hopefully, it's not going into the wall cavity!

I suppose, you could put stop valves on the diverter, but I'm not thinking of any reason why you might want to! What model diverter valve are you using...might have to look that up.

Try removing the hose from the wall fitting and see if you get any water flow. If you do, there's something lodged in the hose or new handheld.

skeely

Reaction score
Hi Jim,
Thanks for response.
I was mistaken I am not hearing any water when I turn the diverter! The shower works on the main valve so am getting water to that. Removed hose from wall and no water to be seen.
GetAttachment-1.jpg
GetAttachment-2.jpg
GetAttachment.jpg

Here are pics of the valves.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Switching to the six way diverter gives you more options. If you capped one outlet, it may have been the wrong one using a 3 way.
Using the six way diverter may fix that. More options. :)

Thank you Terry, that’s exactly what I did! The plumber installed it wrong and I researched a fix and that was it! Thanks Skeely

delta-diverter-pic.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks