New Shower Faucet Leaking, but less and less - normal???

Users who are viewing this thread

DIY-decade

Reaction score
Hi and thank you for reading my post.

I'm a DIY homeowner who just replaced shower blending type faucet with brand new Delta unit - the single handle type. I was careful to make sure that unit does not get hot during soldering of pipes, as I threaded the 3/4 connectors with Teflon tape and had pre soldered those connections on the vise. So the heat was far from the faucet.

Anyway, the faucet leaked right away. About a couple drops every minute at first, and by the 4th day, about a drop every 10 minutes or so.

My question is, might the seals be just wearing and seating themselves with this new faucet, or should I return and get another faucet. I don't think a brand new faucet should leak out of the box, but I'm not a pro...

Any help is appreciated.

Reach4

Reaction score
Any help is appreciated.
I expect you are describing dripping from the tub spout with the control off. Dripping out of the spout for a period after taking a shower is normal. Not normal for it still to be dripping hours later.

Call Delta. The number would have been on the instructions that came with the faucet. Their help often comes with more than advice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks