New shower - 1/2" supply; limited to 1/2" rough valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

thehausmaus

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I appreciate all the information provided by this forum! We are adding a shower to our half bath and have been looking at a shower head + hand shower. We came across a set that has a thermostatic valve that is 3/4" and a pressure balanced valve that is 1/2". Our supply is 1/2". Are we limited to the 1/2" valve? We are in Massachusetts if that matters. Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
We are adding a shower to our half bath and have been looking at a shower head + hand shower. We came across a set that has a thermostatic valve that is 3/4" and a pressure balanced valve that is 1/2". Our supply is 1/2". Are we limited to the 1/2" valve?
You could use a 3/4 inch valve.
We are in Massachusetts if that matters.
It matters in that homeowners there are not allowed to do their own plumbing.

thehausmaus

Reaction score
You could use a 3/4 inch valve.

It matters in that homeowners there are not allowed to do their own plumbing.

Thanks, our contractor indicated that it might not be to code to step from 1/2" to 3/4" so we were confused. I can usually find other people's posts with similar issues and am failing on this one, so we're wondering why he would say that. (Also trying to reach our plumber)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks