New Septic Tank required....grr

Users who are viewing this thread

K Paterson

Reaction score
So here I go again, help need pls.

My concrete septic tank is only 20yrs 1000gallon and the lid fell in! It looks like the tank is crumbling apart!
There is a huge crack in the top, concrete around the lid falling in pieces. Why only 20yrs lasted?
All my water softener regen water goes out into a field, not into the tank.

Is it possible to just bypass my tank with 4" pipe, then install a new poly tank 10feet down stream? My bed is still 30 feet down from that point.

Why did it only last 20yrs? I thought should have been 40 or 50.

Thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
You should not have had that concrete truck drive over your system.

If you had no trucks over your system, it was a bad tank.

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
You should not have had that concrete truck drive over your system.
While driving a knucke-boom truck delivering lumber for new construction many years ago, I was the guy on two different occasions who had no idea those tanks had arrived before I did!

Is it possible to just bypass my tank with 4" pipe, then install a new poly tank 10feet down stream?
That makes sense to me as long as the top of the tank gets crushed and the hole is properly filled before the through-line is installed.

Why did it only last 20yrs? I thought should have been 40 or 50.
Many years ago, the Florida Keys Community College and a hospital in Key West had the same kind of problem with concrete walls that had been made with coral aggregate blasted and dug from a nearby (salt-water) pit. The concrete was actually fine, but the salt had caused the rebar to swell and begin popping things apart. In your case, however, I would guess the mix for your tank had been watered down too much to make it easier to pour and work into the mold.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks