new sandpoint

Users who are viewing this thread

mahza

Reaction score
hand pump !!!! I dont recall him useing a hand pump! All they did was once the well was down they attached a garden hose to the faucet and turned it on and ran it.......are you saying I went thru with putting up with all this sand for nothing! Grrrrrr! Anyhow it seems to be good......we will leave the sand filter on for yet as dont want to have a gritty shower...:):):):)

mahza

Reaction score
thought i better clarify here....no more sand just this very very fine silt stuff it is like dust..........when i do take the sand filter off i take water straight from the well and if u ever so slowly pour the water from a clear container you may or may not see see particles of something very very small in water..you really really got to look hard for anything, like i mean you really do have to look hard and usually I find nothing....... So I think we are home free now! Yahoooo

Speedbump

Reaction score
Yup, a hand pump is the first thing I ever used to try to pump a hand driven well. Once most of the sand was gone, then hook up the jet pump and let it fly until crystal clear. Then hook the house to it. To develop a well, you should always let the pump go full blast with no restriction until clear. Then you are almost always home free of sand.

bob...

Sammyhydro11

In the Trades
Reaction score
Surging the well is the most important part of developing a screened well. When first pumping a well with a hand pump or a motor driven pump, the water will eventually clear, but there will still be fine sand that has bridged at the well screen. To remove these fines, the bridging needs to be broken up, in order to allow those fines through the screen. You can only do this by a means of surging the screen. With a hand pump, this is accomplished by dropping the prime and allowing the column of water in the well casing to drop and pass back through the well screen. With a gas pump, you can do this by throttling the pump up and down so the water in the column is surging back and forth but there can't be a check valve present. In both cases the process should be repeated until there is no more fines present in the water. This should also be done at a flow rate that is higher than the rate required for demand. " A well pumped sand free at a high rate, will pump sand free at a low rate".

sammy

www.tylerwellandpump.com

mahza

Reaction score
Interesting....have to keep this all in mind if we ever need to redo this well again..........i know the guy that did this had no hand pump but i do recall him filling the pipe with water then quicklly putting a cap on pipe to see if it would hold water and as soon as cap (his palm) was removed all water quickly disappeared.......hmmmmmm anyhow I think as I mentioned before are home free....took longer than it should of but still we are good

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks