New Rheem Tankless Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Jemmypaeg

Reaction score
Hello, I recently had a Rheem EcoH200DVLN-2 installed by a professional plumber/gas fitter, the only portion I did myself was run the PVC for the venting and had him verify it's correct. I purchased the unit separately. After about a week it started throwing an error code 10 as soon as any tap is turned on, which is supposed to indicate an issue with venting.

I used 2" CPVC on the exhaust and 2" PVC on the intake, both runs are within 1' of each other in length, there are 2 90s and then a straight 30' horizontal run outside the home. Dipswitches are set correctly for longer 2" runs and is good up to 45' with 5 90s. I've reset it a few times with no change.

The unit has no issues running, and is moving a lot of air, you can feel it blowing strongly at the side of the home. I contacted Rheem and they're sending me a new blower motor, but I have my doubts if that will fix the issue as this one is running.

Any ideas or things I can do to troubleshoot further?

Thanks in advance.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks