New pump that I am inventing need input. I am not selling anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Jon H.

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new here and this is an absolutely incredible site. Thanks in advance for you taking time to read this and responding.

I am an inventor of pumps.....as a hobby. Yes I know that is a very broad term, but I need advice.

I have a pump that automatically adjusts the gpm to the flow of incoming water. It also adjusts the amperage to accomodate the flow with out using expensive hz. controlls. The rpms stay the same. My question is who could use this type of pump and do you think there is a viable market for this application. To change the gpm the pump adjusts infinately ( within the min and max of the motor range) thus changing the amp load on the motor. The process is very cheap under $10.00. In other words the more water that comes in the more the water is pumped out to the same height. When the input is lower their is less water discharged and so there is lower amp draw.

I know this sounds like a cheesy sales pitch, but I am not trying to sale this yet. The time will come in a year or two but not now. I am still in the building and research stage of this application for this pump.

Thanks

Jon H.

Sorry for posting this in the wrong place I started this same thread in the pump section of this forum, if you would like you can deleat this thread. Once again thanks for understand my error.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IT is somewhat confusing. IF the input and output flows are equal, then there cannot be a change in pressure, so what does the pump do? If the RPM stays constant, then there has to be a way to change the pitch of the rotor to adjust the flow, similar to a transmission's torque converter, or a contant speed airplane propeller, which should cost a lot more than $10.00. Some companies already make a device such as this to boost the flow and pressure in water systems, but NONE of them are "inexpensive".

Jon H.

Reaction score
Thanks for your comment.

I really want to try to stay away from making this sound better than it but the effeciency results are really good. I will try to clear up some things though that have been said.

It does not rely on an rc or electronic circuits to change the gpm.
It can run dry as well as wet.
It can handle sand, dirt, gravel as well as any solide up to 3/8" in dia.
one on off switch
It is a new style of impeller and can work with any motor of any rating or hp.
The part that changes the gpm is mechanical not electronic and very simple to add to this type of impeller under $10.00 for the modification. Or it can be made to manually be changed very very inexpensive. I am not selling this now so please do not think I am asking for money....just trying to give you an idea of cost.

The reason I decided to go this route is because I already had the pump and the attachment was a natural next step. This can act like a pump with low amps to tackle 1 gallon per minute or can tackle up to 90 gpm or more. No electronic brains. It uses a float with out a switch to change the gpm so no extra parts are added. The effeciency is over 85 percent for this style. Amps x volts / 745.69 x 33000 / 8.33 / head = gpm x effeciency for the simple math.

The rpm or height will always stay the same unless you use a motor hz. controller (which can be expensive) but the motor can infinately (very inexpesively ) change its discharge rate without changing the rpm´s.

once again thanks for your comments

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks