New pump pipe water color

Users who are viewing this thread

Bryant Tart

Reaction score
I just drilled a new pump pipe in the ground since I was having water pressure with the previous well. I'm about 25 ft down and now have great water pressure but ran water till it cleared up but when pump cuts off it gets brownish orange in color then clears back up. Help??

Bryant Tart

Reaction score
Brownish orange is usually and iron bacteria.
That's what I was thinking but it clears up and I can cut pump off for a split second turn it back on and it pumps clear and then changes andeventually clears back up.Didnt know if i had a badstrainer or what

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Anytime you start and stop the pump you are stirring up the well and you will see what gets stirred up. A strainer is only going to get things that are large enough to strain.

Bryant Tart

Reaction score
Anytime you start and stop the pump you are stirring up the well and you will see what gets stirred up. A strainer is only going to get things that are large enough to strain.
So I guess the only option is too try a better water supply or will eventually wash out?

Reach4

Reaction score
I would collect some colored water in a jar and see how it looks when it settles. I am not sure where I would go from there.

For the well, you could try pumping it dry at a high rate until you run out of water. Then shut down to let the well recover. See if that improves things faster.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks