New Pside-kick fittings

Users who are viewing this thread

Rainier

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I received my new Pside-kick unit last month and am preparing to install it in the cabin.

My question is about what fittings to use with the CSV1A valve since it is stainless steel and the older model used the CSV1W which was bronze.

When I connect it to my water system do I need to use stainless steel fittings or can I use brass?

I was thinking of maybe stainless nipples in and out of the valve and then brass fittings for the shut off valve and drain faucet. The other option ,I guess, would be to go with galvanized steel.

What have you folks done?

Thanks,

Rainier

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Why did you do say with the csv1w? Did it fail or wear out?

You can use sch 80 pvc nipples and bushings to insulate the cast iron from the stainless steel.

Rainier

Reaction score
Why did you do say with the csv1w? Did it fail or wear out?

You can use sch 80 pvc nipples and bushings to insulate the cast iron from the stainless steel.

Thanks craigpump,

The csv1w was shown in the catalog that I had and has been replaced with the csv1a. The kit in my older literature also had a brass manifold and some pieces not included in the new model.

Rainier

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
What kind of plumbing do you already have? Plastic, Pex, SS, Brass, or galv, it won't make much difference as any of it will attach to the CSV1A. Galvanized is the only one that might eventually corrode.

Rainier

Reaction score
What kind of plumbing do you already have? Plastic, Pex, SS, Brass, or galv, it won't make much difference as any of it will attach to the CSV1A. Galvanized is the only one that might eventually corrode.

Hi valveman,

This is new construction.

My concern was corrosion caused by dissimilar metals.

So, I'm OK with using brass fittings to connect my valve into my system ?

Rainier

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks