New product idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Backglass

Reaction score
I don't know if it helps or not...but I am a homebrewer and make my own beer. After a batch is done fermenting, I will have almost a quart of yeast leftover. I save some for the next batch and the rest goes down the drain.

Maybe it helps the septic tank, maybe not, but I KNOW the beer helps me. :p

Last edited:

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Melissa2007B said:
We're not putting that much grease down it, just regular garbage disposal stuff. But it's been clogging like I said, about every 7-8 months.

This time, after 2 attempts by others, the third company came along and used the camera and when they saw the clog, pulsed it out with a special water jet, which completely cleared it.

I have no idea why it does it though.

Any 'grease' fats oils paint, etc. is TOO much and.... it doesn't go away simply due to the camera showing it isn't "there" anymore. It gets into and out of the septic tank and into the drain field and then the pores of the ground plugging them up and eventually you replace a $10 to $20000.00 septic system. While that is happening, you can not flush or use any other water for a few weeks until the new system is permitted excavated installed and hooked up and usable.

You should not 'flush' or otherwise dispose of anything into a septic system that has not passed through someone's body. Follow that and an on site septic system can last decades without problems. Don't, and your life gets worse than a third world citizen's with sewage running in the streets. Here you move out of the house and still have to pay the mortgage and taxes... the entire property is worthless AND the only way out is a new septic system.

DX

General Contractor
Reaction score
Gary, the OP did not say she is on a septic system.

dx

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks