New Problem!! of course!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Danburch73

Reaction score
OK, I now have a new issue in a different zone. I can't get it to turn off with out turning off the water supply. I have replaced the diaphragm and solenoid. Still does the same thing, as soon as I turn on water supply the zone turns on, with and with out the solenoid connected, so it is not the controller. So frustrating!!!

Thanks for any input!

DAN

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Without beating a dead horse to death, I would buy a different brand valves. In AZ I'm sure there are plenty of irrigation suppliers as there is in Florida. With only three zones to change out it shouldn't be a wallet buster.

Google search cross section of a irrigation valve and you'll see that most valves the solenoid open a small orifice to allow the water pressure to change on the top side of the diaphragm, thus the water pressure pushes against the spring and allow water to flow. With the solenoid off, the orifice closes and pressure on both sides of the diaphragm is equal and the spring can then close off the water flow. Check for any debris in these small passages. I've seen wells occasionally suck up sediment. Some valves do not have a spring so the spring action comes from the diaphragm, therefore it need to fit exactly in its spot when reassembled.

What brand do you have? Is it a well with a pump?

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Chuck Martin

Reaction score
what kind of valve (brand), valves go bad all the time 98% of the time changing the diaphragm and solenoid fixes them but not always. it has nothing to do with the timer if you had the wires disconnected. Replace the whole valve

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks