New plumbing invention

Users who are viewing this thread

Johnfin

Reaction score
How about an electro/mechanical device that shuts the water off to the house when it senses a flow of say a couple of straight hours. That way if something break in the house, which is does, trust me, like the dishwasher shutoff valve, it does not flood the house for 8 hours or more.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There are devices that can detect water where it shouldn't be, and shut off the mains. It would be possible to have a flow mete with a logic board to do what you envision, but that might prevent say your sprinkler system to work reliably, or to say, refill a pool.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
How about an electro/mechanical device that shuts the water off to the house when it senses a flow of say a couple of straight hours. That way if something break in the house, which is does, trust me, like the dishwasher shutoff valve, it does not flood the house for 8 hours or more.

Already on the market

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks