New plan with clean outs

Users who are viewing this thread

qkcam

Reaction score
How does this plan look? I am having issues with my photo editing software and couldnt get the text to change size or color.
are these ok places for the clean outs/ co s ?
the washer p trap will be extended a bit further than the diagram and these are just extra pieces i had setting around to piece together my concept.
I added the sani-tee ,the vent and took out the 90 degree turns going into the main drain .
thanks for the help

Attachments

• proposed-plan.jpg
    proposed-plan.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 288

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would place your washer cleanout just under your vent. That way it clears the tee and the combo fitting below it. No reason you can't have the cleanout on the combo as well.

qkcam

Reaction score
putting the co on the combo fitting? can you tell me more of how that would look? does that mean i would put it just above the wye? the gentleman at the hardware store told me that snakes have a hard time getting through those 90degree angels.. but it looks like the clean outs have 90degree angles ? i bought the "single" clean out but then i realized that was the wrong part. .i need the tee style. not sure what they are called.
also since I will be changing the drain from kitchen sink to a straight connection reather than having routing it to the back of the cabinet, does it need a clean out ( that is the bottom set of pipes ) can it be accessed through the p trap on on the kitchen drain? there is only about a 16" distance between where the wye will be and the sink p trap..
thank you

upload_2020-1-8_10-15-12.jpeg

and then saw the style below (hub ) at home depot and realized they would be much easier to use for my application.

51af42ea-df07-499b-b709-3442dda472b2

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
proposed-plan.jpg
I would install that Cleanout Tee in your vent. That allows an appropriately sized cable snake to pass down the drain. The kitchen would either have a similar cleanout on its drain / vent or use the trap arm to clean out to the point where the washer drain and sink drain connect.

qkcam

Reaction score
awesome this is a huge help !!! I thank you so very much . I need to get this done today so I can rest a while.

qkcam

Reaction score
new plan a_Page_1.jpeg
this is what I have put together. except not yet "installed" . a couple folks at the plumbing supply store thought I wouldn't need a clean out since I have the AAV. but later on decided to add one anyway just in case. Gent at hardware store recommended this y style . you can see where I am planning to install it and if I angle it towards me then it "should" be easy to get a snake in through.

if this doesn't look ok please let me know. I really appreciate all the ideas. the guys at the plumbing store said i might be able to find a "handyman" to hook this all up for $40 or $50 bucks. that would be great if possible since i have very little energy and a neck injury.. but most likely i will end up doing the work. I hope to get it right this time. I need to move on to getting other things done.

ps any suggestions on how to get the slight incline (angle) from the sani-tee to the washer trap AND keep the weir of the trap below the top of the sani-tee?
thanks again.

Last edited:

qkcam

Reaction score
I went to hardware store to get the t for a clean out and the gentleman thought that was too much of a sharp angle for the snake ..so he suggested that big Y clean out on the top horizontal line said it should be able to access down the vertical pipe if there is an issue. I hope that is true. I know Tuttles you were suggesting clean out below vent. since the vent unscrews I can use that as a clean out as well. I am thinking about making that bottom pipe "unscrew-able" so there will be super easy access to the main drain. is that over - kill? thanks

Untitled.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
I was thing of threads above the santee yesterday.

I think your picture in #6 is good. I am picturing the cleanout at about a 45 degrees from both vertical and horizontal. That would give easy access, but would not spill out when you opened it.

If you want to be able to remove a section of pipe and reattach it, you could use banded flex couplings. I did that to clean out a kitchen drain. Cut out a pipe section, clean, restore the cut-out piece with flex couplings. Except mine was copper, and the pipe was vertical, and I used unbanded flex couplings.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
That configuration for cleanout works just fine.

Don't put "threads" in that horizontal section. Shielded/Banded couplings as Reach4 suggested (I didn't see that in the drawing initially.) But theres really no need to install that prior. If you feel you need to remove a section in the future, just cut it at the time you need to.. Its plastic.

qkcam

Reaction score
Awesome Reach and Tuttles ! I am going to go for it. Had a full cup of coffee to give me some stamina :) since I dont have any banded couplings on hand I will forgo any changes to the horizontal section for this time being, and my sanity.

I still have to do the hot and cold pex connections. I will have to piggy back from the cold water valve for kitchen sink but that will be ok as there is really nothing under the sink I can keep my eye out for any issues. first things first doing the abs!
thanks again for your experience and generous support.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks