New Pentair Installation

Users who are viewing this thread

DGriffith29

Reaction score
Good afternoon, I recently purchased a Pentair PAC4 Whole House filtration system. This contains a Carbon Filter (32924), Softener (35921), Sediment Filter (BB10), and a Brine tank. I am looking to install this in my new home which was just built this year. I live in south Texas so I don't see a lot of freezing temps but it is still possible so I will be installing this inside my garage on an exterior wall near where the water line enters my home. I still have to find where the line enters the house as they did not install a loop. I was going to have it installed by a plumber but their quote of $2500 for installation just isn't in the budget at the moment and they wanted to move it to another wall which I would then have to have an electrical outlet added. I believe they were planning on running the drain lines into the home's sewer cleanout pipes.

I'm confident I can do the installation myself, although I have never done anything with PEX before. Where I'm hung up Is doing my drains. should I run them to the sewer cleanouts? if so I will have to run a piece of PVC under my driveway to do so. Could I install a french drain and just run them there? In the manual, it states "For whole house carbon filters and acid neutralizers, the regeneration cycle is a simple backwash to refresh the filter bed. Since no regeneration chemicals are added, the discharge water may be drained to the outside and used for irrigation in climates where freezing is not a concern."

Any insight on this would be helpful

Reach4

Reaction score
The drains from a backwashing filter are pressurized, so they can run uphill for a ways.

So discharging into the laundry sink or the laundry stand pipe can be an option.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks