New one piece Champion 4 refills every 10-15 seconds...

Users who are viewing this thread

M Taylor

Reaction score
I found that the tower cover rocks when it's supposed to be laying flat upon the flush tower. This creates up to a 1/4 " opening at the lip of the tower allowing the water to drain out very quickly. I think the rod that extends in to the bowl that is under the tower cover is too long and won't let the cover rest completely upon the tower surface. Any suggestions on how to repair this or should I just replace the toilet? The toilet has only been installed for 2 days as of this post.

Thank you for your help.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
How about a picture of the inside of the tank?

champion-inside-tank-2.jpg

champion-4-flush-valve-1.jpg

Last edited:

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I found that the tower cover rocks when it's supposed to be laying flat upon the flush tower. This creates up to a 1/4 " opening at the lip of the tower allowing the water to drain out very quickly. I think the rod that extends in to the bowl that is under the tower cover is too long and won't let the cover rest completely upon the tower surface. Any suggestions on how to repair this or should I just replace the toilet? The toilet has only been installed for 2 days as of this post.

Thank you for your help.
Call the AmStd customer service number, describe issue and they will send you everything you should need.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks