New Moen 82602 2 handle cartridges seem faulty.

Users who are viewing this thread

undersc0re

Reaction score
I just picked up a new Moen Adler 82602 2 handle shower kit. I got it all together but the handles won’t turn the water on…they just keep spinning unless I take the handle off and push the plastic knobby in hard and turn, they are both loose and wobbly but this is brand new….I tried tightening them, took them apart and put them back together and no go. Any ideas? Going to cost more in gas than the price of the parts when I am done!

I will call Moen tmrw….just thought someone here might know what's up!

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Page 5 image 6 of the installation manual, check that stem is correctly positioned as shown in the G frame. If the valve body is too far into the wall, the handle may not be catching the stem. If it is too far into the wall, the handle adapter kit may be needed. Bottom image.

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 10.17.42 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 10.12.32 PM.jpg

undersc0re

Reaction score
I went through that and I thought screwing the handle to the cartridge would somehow pull it snug, it did not it just wobbles with the cartridge…I am suspecting I picked a flawed assembly, almost as if it is missing some sort of spacer or o-ring that snugs it further back and tight…or wrong cartridge assembly all together from factory. I will shut off the water and rip out the cartridges and see what else could be wrong tmrw.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
The problem with store purchases is if the box is not store sealed with strapping, parts become missing. Or, someone returned the product, stripped it for parts as not used.

undersc0re

Reaction score
It had the nylon strapping around it… here is a video of what I am dealing with

Not sure you can see the play in it at the end. I went to the store to check others and they were the same, the guy was baffled and tried to get ahold of a Moen rep but said not available for a couple days.

with the handle on the assembly the screw will not reach to pull it together tight, something wrong either need a longer screw or tight assembly that a screw will reach.

EDIT..
took the assembly including handle down to a different shop, he gave me different screws that actually went down into the handle but they wouldn’t bottom out to pull the assembly tight, he grabbed 3 tiny washers that were enough to hold the assembly tight now….just no room to put the little Moen colour coded caps into the screw hole to finish them off. Things seem to work other than that…weird if someone took all 3 of that model at the store and swapped parts out of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks