New member here with a

Users who are viewing this thread

Matt_in_AZ

Reaction score
new member question.

Recently moved to Tucson AZ., and bought a house here.
It has a GE smartwater softener already installed. However we are not getting any soft water at all.
I have charged the system, it goes through the cycle normally.

Still no soft water. The panel reads 0 (zero) gallons per minute ???

Appreciate your help..

Thanks
Matt

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Turn on a faucet. The display shows water movement. If not, the meter is not working. Also, how much water is the the brine tank? Should only be about 1". If more, than it is not drawing brine.

Matt_in_AZ

Reaction score
Thanks for replies folks

Here is what I've done so far, i.e. before posting in this forum..

I suspected there might be a salt bridge.
I tried to break the salt as best as I could. Only in the corners there are some very hard to break salt is left.
Tried a regeneration.
It took water in (about an inch or so, hard to say exactly) and towards the end of the cycle I can her the water going out of the drain line.

once regeneration is completed. I suspected may be there is air in the system. Pushed the sliding valve (I am sure there is a name for this valve) all the way in and then turned some faucets on and very slowly pulled the sliding valve out.

Still no soft water and the meter shows 0 (zero) GMP processed.

I Added about 3/4 bucket of water to the tank (about 4 gallons I guess). Tried to break more of the hardened salt in the corners and edges.
Before going to sleep forced in another regeneration cycle.

This morning still no soft water and there is water visible in the tank. It looks like the system used whatever it has to intake during regeneration however it did not pump out the extra water I have added to the tank.

As of this morning still no juice, meter reads 0 gpm precessed.

Now to answer your questions

@ mialynette

If the meter is broken/dysfunctional can I replace it ? The model number is PNSF39Z01 I have the manual, but on the parts list I dont see that part. Could it be listed under another name?

@ Gary
There are no bypass valves that I can see of. It is a simple installation. Water in and two water out. One is a copper pipe that goes back to the house and the other out is a plastic hose that goes to the drain.

Actually it seems as a piece of equipment simple enough that I can tackle. I have tools and a fair understanding of systems. will see if the looks are deceiving or not.

- Is there a way to get rid of excess water in the tank ?
other than that , as a next step
- I am planning to try to take out the Venturi, disassemble, clean, reassemble and put it back.
Any suggestions ? do you guys thing this should be the next step ?

Appreciate your thoughts/help.

Thanks

Matt

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
It may be listed as the turbine assembly. Yes it can be replaced. You may want to look at it first because I have seen where one of the magnet will cause it not to spin. As you are looking at the front of the unit, it is located on the left side where the outlet line is attached. There should be a devise between the valve and the piping for the unit. It will have a knob that says "Push for soft water". That is the bypass. When you advance the unit into a cycle, the first stage is fill. Puch the regen button again and the unit will go to a draw cycle. Disconnect the brine line from the valve and there should be a suction. If not, check out the venturi. Try this link. Even though this says Kenmore, it's the same kind of valve. http://www.kenmorewater.com/website/animations/product-animation/ts_index.html

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks