New Lav Faucet Issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Dmwesq

Reaction score
I just installed a new Delta Kayra two handle wideset bathroom faucet. I am having two issues.

Issue #1 is the water pressure seems somewhat less than the faucet it replaced. There is still ample pressure and perhaps this model just has less overall pressure, or perhaps the pressure is less because of how the handles are working in issue 2.
Issue #2 is no water comes out when you turn the handles (either side) until the handle is turned almost 1/2 way, and then water starts to come out.

I contacted Delta and they say my stems are properly installed and I should flush the lines. I had flushed the lines per the installation instructions so I will be surprised if that is the issue, especially since there was no sign of any line issue with the older faucet.

I will be very surprised if flushing the lines has anything to do with the issue of the water not coming out as soon as the handles are turned.

I have attached photos of the stems and a link to a brief video showing what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• IMG_4005.jpeg
    IMG_4005.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4003.jpg
    IMG_4003.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4004.jpg
    IMG_4004.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 81

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
More recent codes have lower GPM's on faucets. It's the aerator restricting the flow. You can remove that and check flow there, and you can replace with one that gives you more flow.

Dmwesq

Reaction score
More recent codes have lower GPM's on faucets. It's the aerator restricting the flow. You can remove that and check flow there, and you can replace with one that gives you more flow.
Thanks - that would certainly address the flow issue. How about the water not coming on until handles are turned almost 1/2 way?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks