New house water treatment

Users who are viewing this thread

jm13004

Reaction score
Hello,
I been reading the forum and trying to educate myself on my installing my new water system. 2 people in a 3/2 house. I'm on an artesian well. Almost all of the systems in my area installed by local water/well companies for deep wells (artesian wells) include an aerator (primarily for hydrogen sulfide) and softener. I had this exact system when I lived next door in my old house and it worked OK. I'm looking for an alternative to the aerator tank since it sits outside in the hot sun and is a haven for algae buildup.

I purchased the Hach 5B which shows 29GPG of hardness.
Iron-0
TD-584
Hydrogen Sulfide- slightly above 5 ppm according to Water Works test strips ( water treatment company also came up with same number). If there is a more accurate test kit, please let me know and I'll purchase.

I'll be using 48,000 grain softener ( unless I should go larger) for my softener so I can use efficiency mode.
I'm just not sure on best approach for Hydrogen Sulfide. I'm leaning towards H202 injection followed by carbon backwash filter but open to suggestions. I will not be using chlorine.

Thanks.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
H202 injection with a catalytic carbon tank is a good design. Install a static mixer inline ahead of the carbon. You may want to add a BB sediment filter ahead of the carbon in this application. Softener would go last.

A 1.5 or 2 ft3 system is adequate.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks