New Homeowners with Well Problems

Users who are viewing this thread

stev0454

Reaction score
We just bought a house and it is missing its well pump. There is a 2 inch casing coming up, a pressure tank (seems to hold pressure fine) and we hit water at about 40 feet. After some ingenuity, we pulled out the 1 inch pipe (about 60 feet long) whoever took the pump let fall into the well.

Using a 1HP shallow well jet pump, a new foot valve, and reconnected 1 inch pipe, we can´t pump water or hold pressure. We have no idea what to do now! Any ideas?

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
A shallow well pump cannot pull water from 40 feet down. You will need a deep well convertible pump with a packer ejector.

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
They sawed off the casing under the pump/casing adapter. Seen it happen many times.

I would go back with a Goulds SJ-10 deep well 1-HP two stage pump if the water level is at 60 ft. Use sch 40 pvc for drop line and use a special adapter to go from the 1" drop line to the 1.25" well head and jet. Can't use a regular adapter for this job because it won't fit inside the 2" well.

Good luck.

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
Since it is a 2' well and 40' to the water it would have required a 2" Packer Injector assembly in the well with a 200# Bell End 1" drop pipe and a well head adapter at the top. Then a regular 2 pipe jet pump matching the Injector Assembly. This is not complicated but may or may not be a little technical for a DIY.

I suggest that you ask a Qualified Jet Pump Installer for his/her assistance. Most will be willing to assist you. I don't suggest that you ask anyone at a Big Box (like Lowes or Home Depot) because they don't know

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks