New home, plumbing questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Charlees Larrabee

Reaction score
Two years ago my Wife and I purchased our home and after living there for a bit we found out that we will need to do some water filtration. Obviously that can consume some space and my house just don't have it, unless I want to get super creative which I will if I have too.

Before the previous owner lost the house, he had built a sort of garage that he was planning on using for a small business. Problem is it's about 100' from the house. From what I understand he was planning on setting up filters in the garage as he had all the plumbing for the septic and 2 PEX lines running from the well head at the casing to inside the garage. Problem is there is no wire for a well pump so no way to run the water to the garage before the home.

Am I missing something with what he has done, or am I looking at digging down the side of the well casing to switch the pipes over so the well runs to the garage first then back, plus run a 100-150' trench and drop wire in it to relocate the pressure tank to the garage as well? Seems to me like he only did half the job - as far as the wire goes tho, I don't know why he didn't just lay that when he dug the trench for the water line :(

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks