New Home Big Problem!

Users who are viewing this thread

Brittany Caceres

Reaction score
Just purchasing first home in May and we recently have been having our toilet gurgling & the water backing up into the showers randomly. We snaked out one of the showers and it was just a little bit of hair and it’s still making gurgling noises in the toilets when we wash clothes the toilets make noise as well.

I called the city to see if there were some type of blockage in the main water line and they told me that I have city water but NOT waste water removal & that I have a septic tank !

That’s the biggest problem we have now,we were never told we had a septic tank on the property. We don’t know where it would be located.

I don’t know if that lady didn’t know what she was talking about but she said your bill doesn’t show you have Water waste removal so u have to have a septic underground!

I’m in complete shock if we do have a septic tank,that should’ve been made very clear when purchasing a home so that it could’ve been inspected and made sure it was working properly.

I don’t even know what to do at this point I’m trying to figure out what the issue is WHY are there gurgling toilets and showers?

Reach4

Reaction score
Florida. No basement, I presume.

I would talk with a neighbor who has been there for a while and whose house was built about the same time.

Do get that thing pumped very soon. That is much cheaper than a new septic field. A local septic pumping guy may know how to find your cleanout.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks