New Here... What is this called?

Users who are viewing this thread

benjaminlately

Reaction score
Back story.

Our family cabin has a venturi jet pump setup. I'm reasonably technical, but I'm not familiar with well systems at all. My grandfather installed everything in the place. He passed away last year at the age of 96. Lucky for all of us he was able to answer questions right up until he passed away.
Unfortunately, the system sprung a leak last week an only my mom was around to deal with it. She called a "pump guy/plummer" out of the phone book. I'm not exactly impressed with what $650+ dollars buys you around here (he used one valve that probably cost him $5 and some random consumables like wire. ~4 hours onsite).

I expect an o-ring failed in the following part, but I have no idea what it is called, and I'm not able to get a part number off of it (partly because it is cover with wire, but I don't think I could read it even it it was visible). Does anyone know what it is (possible brand) and where I should start looking for parts and or a replacement.
20160528_215712.jpg

20160528_220025.jpg

I think the OD on the top pipe is ~1 3/4" and I think the OD on the bottom pipe is ~2.5"

Is it fixed to the top section or the bottom section? It looks like it comes apart in three sections. I think there are two o-rings on the top and one on the bottom. I assume the 3" tall nub on the left hand side houses the venturi valve. I'm thinking if I get new o-rings and bolts it might be back in safe working order. The cabin is east of the twin cities if anyone happens to freakishly know the area.

The wire somehow stopped the leak, but the so called plumber didn't want to touch the bolts because because he was afraid he would twist them off. I'm fine with that, but leaving something wired together is not a long term solution. As far as I know he left no repair instruction with my mother and has no intention of coming back to finish the job correctly. At this point I wouldn't let him back in the place after seeing some of the other stuff he screwed with that had nothing to do with the problem.

Any help is appreciated. I apologize this is more rant than question.

Thank You.

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
That type of casing adapter used to be a Sears special. I hated them. There's a good chance the larger pipe goes all the way to the footvalve/jet. Be careful loosening the nuts, it's heavy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks