New handicap shower help

Users who are viewing this thread

Nasium

Reaction score
Hi, We have just had our master shower stall demoed and need some help with the plumbing. We are partial to the Moen brand and would like to do the following:

At the far end of the shower stall we would like a standard shower head with trim. At the other end we would like to have a handicap shower chair and it's own shower wand that's removable and also fixed on a sliding pole.

We would like to control the temp and pressure on the handicap end independent of the normal shower end. How do we accomplish this? Two trims? Diverter?

The walls are open and ready for the plumbing. Just need to tell the installer what to do?

What parts and part numbers do we need?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I would treat this as two separate, independent showers in the one enclosure. One thing I would seriously consider is at least on the handicapped side (and nice on both) would be to upgrade to a thermostatically controlled valve. The way most of those work...one knob or lever controls the temperature, and a second one controls the volume. So, once you've found your ideal temperature, all you then need to do from then on is to just turn the water on and off. This will work season to season, and as the WH starts to cool off near the end of its capacity...the valve will constantly adjust the balance of hot and cold to keep the temperature constant until there's not enough heat to satisfy the set point when it will only then start to cool off.

Nasium

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, my installer was more knowledgeable on this than I thought (thus the post) he is treating it as two separate showers and running the hot and cold to the handicap end. Luckily I purchased two trims and we are all set, thanks for the suggestion on the thermostatically controlled valve, unfortunately it's not in the budget.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks